Build and serve a successful & motivated team by:
- Working closely with business expertise, Product Managers, and technical expertise, System Owners or Principal Engineers, to acquire knowledge for decision making and enable new developments;
- Ensuring the successful delivery of your teams’ roadmap(s);
- Ensuring smooth, transparent and frequent releases of your teams’ deliverables;
- Contributing to the definition of quality and security standards for the products that your teams deliver;
- Ensuring compliance and evolution of operational standards and processes for the solutions delivered, including incident management;
- Ensuring compliance with architectural principles for the solutions delivered;
- Being accountable for implementing organizational changes in your teams and the feasibility and alignment to objectives of these changes;
- Defining and acting (monitoring included) on quarterly team objectives to achieve team objectives, as agreed with Engineering Director / Champion;
- Ensuring each person fully understands their role/position and achieves the outcomes expected from them.
Ensure that capacity & skills are ahead of teams’ needs by:
- Defining outside-in purposed teams to meet objectives;
- Acting as a hiring manager, ensuring team capacity to achieve expected outcomes;
- Defining recruiting strategies to acquire new skills or creating capacity to satisfy business needs, longevity, skill diversity, attrition mitigation and competitiveness at team level;
- Coordinating internship programs to grow and attract talent;
- Ensuring teams are built up only by Mambuvians aligned to our company values, engineering goals and required set of skills;
- Ensuring belts balance and spread to facilitate technical and delivery sustainability.
Provide constant growth and clear career path for Engineers by:
- Creating personalized career development plans for engineers and guiding them in achieving both personal & organization goals;
- Creating, together with Tribe leads, a grading/promotion process that ensures Tribe wide consistency, fair and motivating compensation;
- Establishing holistic coaching and mentorship principles and ensuring each team member receives fair and just-in-time feedback;
- Facilitating relevant learning and skills growth for each engineer (training, conferences, learning materials, mentors etc.).
Find a way of working that enables teams’ high autonomy and high alignment by:
- Defining and applying modern engineering practices to enable team autonomy and alignment to our way of working;
- Ensuring teams are able to autonomously design, build, test and operate their services in alliance with Area and Tribe guidelines;
- Identifying impediments and applying ways to overcome them;
- Connecting with other teams and stakeholders to provide visibility & transparency to current progress and agree next objectives.
Ensure that onboardings are efficient & scalable by:
- Designing an efficient onboarding process for new colleagues (new Mambuvians or people transitions from other team/areas/tribes);
- Ensuring new members are aligned to our values and culture & their skills and plans are aligned with the team they are part of;
- Capturing & delivering on-time feedback about the people in onboarding and monitoring actions/corrections.
Advertise Mambu culture and way of working by:
- Constantly communicating internally and with each individual about our direction and beliefs;
- Being involved as a speaker at meet-ups, conferences to advertise Mambu, in order to attract talent and contribute to the community.