Build and serve performing teams in an Area by:
- Working close to business expertise, Product Managers, & technical expertise, System Owners or Principals, to acquire knowledge for decision making and enable new development;
- Ensuring roadmap successful delivery, on-time and in budget;
- Ensuring smooth, transparent and frequent solutions releases;
- Ensuring compliance with and contribute to definition of quality and security standards for delivered solutions;
- Ensuring compliance and evolution of operational, incident management included, standards for delivered solutions;
- Ensuring compliance with architectural principles for delivered solutions;
- Being accountable for changes implementation feasibility and alignment to objectives;
- Defining and act (monitoring included) on quarterly team objectives to achieve team objectives, as agreed with Engineering Director;
- Ensuring each person fully understands their role/position and achieves the outcomes expected from them.
Ensure that capacity & skills are ahead of team needs by:
- Defining outside-in purposed teams to meet objectives ensuring team capacity to achieve expected outcomes;
- Defining recruiting strategies to acquire new skills or create capacity to satisfy business needs, longevity, skills diversity, attrition mitigation and competitiveness at team level;
- Coordinating internship programs to grow and attract talent;
- Ensuring teams are built up only by Mambuvians aligned to our company values, engineering goals and required set of skills;
- Assuring belts balance and spread to facilitate technical and delivery sustainability.
Provide constant growth and clear career path for Engineers by:
- Creating personalized career development plans for engineers and guide them in achieving both personal & organization goals;
- Creating, together with Area and Tribe leads, grading/promotion process that ensures Tribe wide consistency, while ensuring fair and motivating compensation;
- Establishing holistic coaching and mentorship principles and ensure each team member receives fair & just-in-time feedback;
- Facilitating relevant learning and skills growth for each engineer (training, conferences, learning materials, mentors etc.).
Find a way of working that enables teams’ high autonomy, high alignment by:
- Defining and applying modern engineering practices to enable team autonomy and alignment to our way of working;
- Ensuring teams are able to autonomously design, build, test and operate their services;Identifying impediments and applying ways to overcome them;
- Connecting with other teams and stakeholders to provide visibility & transparency to current progress and agree next objectives.
Ensure that onboardings are efficient & scalable by:
- Designing efficient onboarding process for new colleagues (new Mambuvians or people transitions from other groups);
- Making sure that new members are aligned to our values and culture & their skills and plans are aligned with the team they are part of;
- Capturing on-time feedback about the people in on-boarding and monitoring actions/corrections.
Advertise Mambu culture and way of working by:
- Communicating internally and with each individual about our direction and beliefs;
- Being involved as a speaker at meetups/conferences in order to attract talent and contribute to the community.