Build and serve a successful & motivated Infrastructure Engineering team by:
- Working with System Owner, Principal Engineer, Champion and other teams to provide servant leadership in the SRE Infrastructure team;
- Co-owning the roadmap with the System Owner and the Principal Engineer;
- Defining and acting (monitoring included) on quarterly team objectives to achieve tribe goals, agreed with the Champion;
- Structuring teams to achieve agreed goals & objectives;
- Ensuring each person fully understands their role/position and achieves the outcomes expected from them.
Ensure that capacity & skills are ahead of SREs needs by:
- Acting as a hiring manager for the Infrastructure Engineering / SRE needs, ensuring team capacity to achieve expected outcomes;
- Defining recruiting strategies to acquire new skills or create capacity to satisfy business needs, longevity, skills diversity, attrition mitigation and competitiveness;
- Coordinating internship programs to grow and attract talent;
- Ensuring group has only members that are aligned to our company values, engineering goals and required set of skills.
Provide constant growth and clear career path for infrastructure engineers by:
- Creating personalized career development plans for engineers and guiding them in achieving both personal & organizational goals;
- Creating, together with Champion, grading promotion process that ensures consistency across the group, while ensuring fair, consistent and motivating compensation;
- Establishing holistic coaching and mentorship principles and ensuring each team member receives fair & just-in-time feedback;
- Facilitating learning and skills growth for each engineer (trainings, conferences, learning materials, mentors etc.).
Find a way of working that enables teams’ high autonomy, high alignment by:
- Defining and applying modern engineering practices to enable team autonomy and alignment to our way of working;
- Ensuring teams are able to autonomously design, build, test and operate their solutions and services;
- Identifying impediments and applying ways to overcome them;
- Connecting with other teams and stakeholders to provide visibility & transparency to current progress and to agree on next objectives.
Assure that special projects are successfully executed by:
- Owning a number of special projects that are executed in parallel to normal Infrastructure roadmap;
- Understanding and describing the goals and the final state of a project;
- Forming a team and creating a project plan;
- Executing the project successfully till the end.
Ensure that onboardings are efficient & scalable by:
- Designing efficient onboarding process for new colleagues (new Mambuvians or people transitions from other groups);
- Ensuring new members are aligned to our values and culture & their skills and plans are aligned with the team they are part of;
- Capturing on-time feedback about the people in on-boarding and monitor actions/corrections.
Advertise Mambu culture and way of working by:
- Constantly communicating internally and with each individual about our direction and beliefs;
- Being involved as a speaker at meetups, conferences to advertise Mambu, in order to attract talent and contribute to the community.